Thank you for being a member of our community.
The Gravity-Network.org community is a safe and supportive environment for members. We encourage open and honest discussions. Remember discussions around abuse can be sensitive and emotional. Please be kind.
To keep our community safe and supportive for everyone, we ask that all content and posts abide by our community guidelines posted below. Posts that violate our guidelines may be edited or deleted at the discretion of Gravity-Network.org moderators. Members who violate the rules may have their posting privileges revoked. To help keep the community safe and supportive, if you see a post that violate our guidelines, please let us know at email@example.com.
No hate speech, discrimination, abuse, or harassment
- Hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated. Posts must be respectful. It’s okay to disagree but personal attacks against community administrators or fellow members won’t be tolerated. Posts targeting or attacking anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases will not be allowed.
- Be careful about making derogatory statements or accusations about others by name. For example, referring to other community members, employers, physicians, etc., by name. Remember that you are accountable for any written statements you make. Any post that can be considered libel will be deleted.
No nudity or sexually explicit content
- Posts cannot include nudity or otherwise explicit or offensive content.
No content that condones illegal, dangerous, or violent activity
- Posts cannot encourage any illegal, dangerous, or violent activity, including self-harm. Posts that reference such activities but do not encourage it may be allowed if they pertain to the conversation and to topic of childhood abuse.
No posting personal information
- Do not post any personal contact information such as an e-mail address, phone number, social media profile, and/or physical/mailing address. And please remember that Gravity-Network.org, like the entire Internet, is discoverable by search engines, etc. Posts including links to personal blogs or websites may be allowed if they are not commercial in nature.
No posts that are solicitations or commercial in nature
- Posts cannot be commercial in nature or contain any direct or indirect solicitations. This includes offers to sell a product or service or participate in surveys, studies, invitations to join closed/private groups, etc. without the prior approval of Gravity-Network.org. Petitions that advocate for community members based on the condition, that do not involve commercial interest, may be allowed. Personal recommendations for therapists, treatment centers, etc. are allowed if the posting member does not have any associated commercial interest. Posts cannot promote the sale of anything, ever. We do not allow users to offer to sell, barter or trade any items of any kind.
No medical advice
- Posts cannot offer medical advice of any kind. This is inclusive of discussion pertaining to treatments (therapy, medications, etc.) and diagnosis (such as disassociation, false memory syndrome, etc.). Personal experiences may be shared, but you cannot offer advice to another member.
- Content posted on gravity-network.org is never intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with questions you have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Posts must be in English
- For the safety of our community members, posts must be written in English as we can only moderate in English at this time.
Posts must be relevant and transparent
- Comments and posts must relate to the subject of childhood sexual abuse. Posts completely unrelated to this topic may be deleted. Members must only post information that is true and factually correct and to the best of their knowledge. Members must credit sources as appropriate. Members must also disclose any relationship they have with the content they are posting.
- Conversations about religion, sex, and politics should be in the context of abuse. These types of discussions usually evoke strong emotions and reactions. To keep our community safe and supportive, choose your words carefully. Avoid language that could be interpreted as offensive or inflammatory. For example, talking about relevant legislation is fine; making disparaging remarks about a specific politician, political group, or another member’s political affiliation is not.
Last updated March 2018