If you or someone you love is experiencing childhood sexual abuse, there are many ways to report what is going on. In situations of potential childhood sexual abuse (CSA), a “good faith” report to authorities can be filed. This means that no definitive proof is needed. If you witness a boundary violation, or repeated boundary violations, by an adult or a child, or have had to intervene in a situation during a boundary violation, you can, and should, report the incident. Additionally, if a child discloses an abuse to you, or you see physical signs that a child is being abused, the situation should also be reported. You do not need to provide proof to authorities that these incidents occurred or that they were definitive examples of CSA. 1,2

The important thing is that the potentially dangerous situation is disclosed to the appropriate organizations

If you suspect that a child is being sexually abused, you can call the police, as well as any child abuse hotline, such as the National Sexual Assault telephone hotline (800-656-HOPE), the Stop It Now! Hotline (1-888-PREVENT), or the Darkness to Light hotline for childhood sexual abuse (866-FOR-LIGHT). These hotlines will help you find more information on how and where to report abuse in your area. Some organizations suggest contacting Child Protective Services (CPS), or a related organization in your area, when you are reporting abuse on a child from their primary caregiver. This will allow CPS to investigate the child’s home life, and potentially remove the perpetrator from the child’s environment.3 When the abuse is carried out by an individual who isn’t the primary caregiver, it is often recommended to call the police first.

When filing a report, it’s important to have as much information as possible

Information can including the names, demographic information, and ages of all adults and children involved, as well as potential locations to find them. Be prepared to give as much information as you have been given, and let the authorities know where your information is lacking, or what you do not know. Also, be ready to provide any information regarding the adults or children that may impact investigators, including any disabilities, safety concerns, or weapons that may be involved. Many areas of the country allow you to file an anonymous report.1,2

If you know of someone who is in possession of, is making, or is distributing child pornography, you can call the Cybertipline at 1-800-843-5678 or contact them online at The Cybertipline can also investigate other inappropriate behaviors that may be occurring on the internet.3

  1. Making a Report. Darkness to Light. Accessed January 20, 2018.
  2. When and How to File. Stop It Now! Accessed January 20, 2018.
  3. What is Child Protective Services? Stop It Now! Accessed January 20, 2018.

Sign up for our newsletter!

Sign up to receive updates from Gravity Network.

300-101   400-101   300-320   300-070   300-206   200-310   300-135   300-208   810-403   400-050   640-916   642-997   300-209   400-201   200-355   352-001   642-999   350-080   MB2-712   400-051   C2150-606   1Z0-434   1Z0-146   C2090-919   C9560-655   642-64   100-101   CQE   CSSLP   200-125   210-060   210-065   210-260   220-801   220-802   220-901   220-902   2V0-620   2V0-621   2V0-621D   300-075   300-115   AWS-SYSOPS   640-692   640-911   1Z0-144   1z0-434   1Z0-803   1Z0-804   000-089   000-105   70-246   70-270   70-346   70-347   70-410